Friday, May 31, 2013

CFC#103 - Congrats!


This week we've got a theme of congratulations at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge.  And our sponsor is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps, so there's a nice prize lined up for the winner!



This one uses the bombs and sentiment from the CAS-ual Fridays Ka-Boom set. I was working off a banner card sketch, and got it in my head that it would be funny to put bombs on the banners. No flowers, bunnies, or other frilly things. Just bombs, that are exploding. In a congratulatory way! Luckily the word "blow" is outlined, so I can fill it with the same color treatment as the banners to tie it all in.

The background is one I hadn't inked up yet from Brickworks. LOVE how it turned out .. fills the space, looks interesting, yet not distracting. I used washi tape on the edges as a mask.


 The banners happened to point out nicely, yet are flat for mailing. No adhesive on the wire, it's just threaded through two holes and then wound in a spiral to secure. 

Sure hope you'll stop by CAS-ual Fridays to check out the other wonderful designers, and to link up your own fab creations!

Thanks so much for looking!
-Kelly

ETA: I'm also linking this up to the FUSION challenge since I used the sketch as inspiration, but couldn't post it at the time.

23 comments:

  1. Aw.... this is THE BOMB (and so are YOU!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Love the background color and the uber-awesome banner!! Seriously, the colors look amazing! And the wire...my favorite part!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your banners and that awesome brick background! Such a creative way to add the wire, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is da bomb! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!) ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome masked background and fun bomb banner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like this card - a lot! Especially the wire :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can honestly say I don't think I have ever seen a bomb banner! :) love the way you attached the banner with wire! Great card here! Hope you have a great weekend Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. and you blow up my mind.... with ur cards, simply amazing! what a blast :)
    love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING! I think I'm going to have to get Brickworks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sentiment cracks me up!! Hilarious! I love how the wire is weaved into the paper....only someone like you would think of that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is the BOMB, one of my favorite saying, and your work always is the BOMB, fabulous banner on a wire, so kool, and the blow matches exactly, thanks for sharing ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. The way you used the wire is great. I have the brickworks stamp but haven't used it on a card yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this sentiment and love that the banner is so dimensional!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now this is just so fun. Love that background stamp, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one is awesome, too. A perfect card for the sketch! Love it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun congrats card, Kelly ... love the bombs and their explosive colour palette! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning, Kelly! Love how you paired the brickworks with the Blow It uP!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Freakin' Fabulous, I love your design! These boms are perfect, I need to get me some.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! You're absolutely right about the background image -- it's perfect for adding interest and filling in space without detracting from the card. Love the way you filled in the BLOW letters and love your use of the wire.

    ReplyDelete
  20. FAB, FAB card Kelly - LOVE your wired banner :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly