Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Exploring Brickworks

Yesterday I confessed my love for the Frankly CAS-ual Fridays Stamps set. Today, I'm going to make another confession, this time about Brickworks. Complete and total love affair (sorry, Frank).

It's got solid bricks, outline bricks, zig zag bricks, dad's sentiments and grad's sentiments. A total go-to set. Let's see some cards ...


When I thought about bricks, the first thing that came to mind is Pink Floyd's iconic cover for The Wall. A quick search on www.dafont.com comes up with a free Floydian font, which I use for this card ...


Stamping the outline bricks over the computer-generated sentiment is all it takes to finish this simple, but effective card. If I could, I'd send it to my good friend from Jr. High who introduced me to Pink Floyd (RIP Suzy!!)


Here's a card with a traditional, filled-brick stamping, although the brickwork is interrupted to make room for the gold sentiment. The school colors on this graduation card are repeated in the collegiate banners (tiny flowers from Bold Wishes).


Finally, here's another Graduation card. The watercolor splotches are less structured, in contrast to the tidy bricks. The sentiments on the banner and on the card are separated for more flexibility in your stamping. I threaded ribbon loosely through holes on the end of the banner. There are sequins here, but I resisted putting them directly on the card base. Instead, they are threaded on the end of the ribbon along with a crystal bead.

Really have just scratched the surface with this set. Stay tuned for two more posts before the final reveal at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps on Friday!

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

19 comments:

  1. Love these cards Kelly! How clever to find the font too (I'm an old Pink Floyd fan!) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three more wonderful makes, of course I do love the last on,the little curly tassel, brilliant. being a grungy kind of girl, I love it.. Maybe Queen of Versatility, thats it I think... Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful creative day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny - I just rebought The Wall (had it in vinyl, never replaced it) and have been listening to it - only you would be able to come up with something so cool! Once again, you've shown how versatile these stamps can be. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "All in all you're, just a brick in the wall..." Who doesn't like PF???!!! Love how you've used them for inspiration. All of your cards are wonderful. Can't wait to see the full reveal! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific cards Kelly - I'm loving graduation cards in school colors this year! My 14 yr old would LOVE the Pink Floyd inspired card - he "discovered" them about 2 yrs ago and is hugely into classic rock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards! I think that my favorite one is the last! I love the fun background and how the bricks kind of fade out/in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a FUN trio of cards Kelly, very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are all fantastic Kelly!! The font is already downloaded and I know just who is getting a card that is CASE'd from your PF card. Brilliant designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool cards - so different - like them all - thanks for the link to the fonts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those brick stamps...love those cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know what, Kelly? Michele is thanking her lucky stars that you exist and she found you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those brick stamps and what you did with them. The first time I heard Pink Floyd, my son tuned it in on the car radio. I kept looking out the window for the helicopters. It took a while before I discovered where the sound was coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, my dear girl, you have managed to make bricks fun and interesting. 'nuff said. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw The Wall album cover in my news feed and had to come see what you had done. I SO love how you added the Floydian font, too. Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am always excited to see your cards! You have such a cool and unique approach, it is quite inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmm. I think this is definitely good competition for Frank!!! I love the possibilities with the bricks but the writing on the wall is awesome :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. More awesomeness, Kelly ... if the bricks surpassed Frank, goodness only knows what's coming next! Fabulous, fabulous cards ... such possibilities! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the graduation card. The flags are so cute!

    Bev

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly