Friday, May 24, 2013

Fusion #8 (sketch only)

(note: this is my second post of the day, for the CAS-ual Fridays post please click here or scroll down)

 Oh my word, did you see the FUSION Challenge gallery from last week?!? All the entries were just stunning! I'm so glad everyone votes to pick a winner, definitely takes the pressure off a little : )
 
The sketch challenge this week had me stumped a bit. I just really couldn't think of anything interesting to make. Then, at the 11th hour, I though of something, and scrambled to make it happen. So pleased with how it turned out. It's one of those cards where I go check on it before going to bed, just because I'm so excited. 

[please don't think I'm weird, please don't think I'm weird, please don't think I'm weird]


 I've been hoarding this paper for a few years, and built the card around that. Then, all my accidents took over and made me fall in love with it:

1) Complete accident how the small flowers on the left and the big one on the right point to the clock focal point. 
2) To get more of a bigger circle look, I tilted the glitter polka-dot paper after I cut my too-small circle. So, complete accident how the dots are on a diagonal instead of the straight way I'd normally use them. 
3) The polka-dot paper scrap fell over and I saw the beautiful raspberry color. Perfect for behind the trellis die.
4) I used some aqua washi tape (a solid one I never use on projects) to hold the super thin and flimsy dot stamp on the curve before I put my acrylic block on it. Loved the look of the aqua on the card. Never intended on using it. So I tried thinking of a way to incorporate the aqua. Banner, nah. Sentiment background, nope. Enamel dot ... YES! Where? The center of the clock with no hands! YAY!! My favorite part.

 
The center of the clock is made from layers of the Memory Box trellis die. It's actually only one length of the die, cut in thirds. I wouldn't have thought to cut the middle of the clock out and back it with a pattern were it not for the sketch detail. 

Sure hope to see more amazing cards this week in the gallery! Also check out the sketch, photo, and fusion inspired samples from the fab design team!

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

19 comments:

  1. I love your run down of "happy accidents" your post really made me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a visual treat for the eyes--right down to the enamel dot! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of your happy accidents Kelly! Lots of pretty movement in your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, Kelly! So interesting to read about your "accidents"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like just one of your happy accidents ! ( with card making)this is gorgeous , Kelly! Have a wonderful Memoria weekend !🇺🇸

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all those happy accidents, Kelly ... they've made for an awesome card! Oh, and I think wierd in a good way is always interesting and unpredictable! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful, happily-accidental card. ;-) I love all the elements you brought into this card, and how it all came about. You're a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything "fell" together beautifully, Kelly. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could use as happy an accident as this card is tonight! Truly a wonderful card. I'd keep it if I were you--it's just too beautiful. Soft and lovely (and the aqua dot is just perfect). Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. okay, love it. what a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello My Friend!
    I have missed you and so many of your fabulous cards!!
    Sorry about that. I want to take my time and come back to comment on every single one ;-)
    Greetings from Sedona BTW ;o)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love your posts. Not only do I get to see your fabulous designs, but I learn so much when you talk about your process. You commented one of my posts, and left a suggestion for something to improve the composition. (I asked for ideas.) It's like an art class from your favorite teacher. Thanks for all your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so fun! I love your card and the explanation behind it!! That floral paper is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of happy accidents on this card. You really nailed this sketch, because I thought it was a tough one. And, no you are not weird--every one else is weird!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun to read about those 'Happy accidents' and the story behind your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. BRILLIANT,don't you love those accidents, they all produced a gorgeous card, like the mistakes were supposed to happen don't you think :O). thanks for sharing dear Kelley..

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE that you made a clock card at the 11th hour ;)
    PS I usually check on THOSE cards in the morning and think WOW - did I really make that!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly