Friday, May 3, 2013

Fusion Challenge #5

(note: this is my second post of the day, click here or scroll down for my CAS-ual Fridays post.)

It's been 4 straight challenges with a Fusion winner, will it be a 5th this week?


As always, my focus is just on the sketch.


We're going simple this time! The stripes are masked and sponged with ink. Each word of the sentiment is stamped repeatedly in each stripe. Some spatters from a wet brush dipped in watercolors mix with enamel dots.

Hope to see you in the gallery this week!

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

PS. Since it's a short post, here's a quick story from today's online journal entry (oh life is the private journal I've been using for the last year and a half): 

The boys are hanging out in the waiting room while I'm at the dentist to get a filling replaced. As the dentist is moving towards my mouth with the drill ... boom ... the power goes out! Thankfully just before the drill and not just after it. So we leave and Jackson tells me in the car that he's really scared. "Why is that, Jackson?"

"Because they said the Transformers did it!"

What?

Oh .... hahaha!!! I explain that the transformer they are talking about has to do with an electrical box, and not a large, evil robot that is coming to get him! Poor little fella!

25 comments:

  1. That's so clever, Kelly!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the joys of having a two-year old. Enjoy it while it's still all so fun! Just had to come say how crazy this is... I see the new photo at Fusion and think immediately of your bird in the quatrefoil cage card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Fusion my Friend!
    I'm not sure I understand the mask step with the strips but they look sensational, so soft and modern ;-)
    YOur son is such a sweetie and seems to have quite the imagination! Precious!!
    Also thank You for sharing the link, I had seen it before...it has me think ...
    I just love to come and visit you blog so much, I always leave it a little less dumb and definitely inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card--that fox is just darling, and such a cute story about your son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card, Kelly, the spatters mixed with the enamel dots look brilliant ... and such a sweet story about your son! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Kelly! The colours you used look like it would go along with the photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, your Transformer story is hilarious! As a Grade 3 teacher, I often have to explain stuff like this to my students. Your son sounds so sweet, bless his little heart! I love your card Kelly, that fox is adorable.
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Out of the mouths of babes. :) I love the spatters and dots you put on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your CASlicious card, Kelly. Even with CAS, your brilliance shines through with the understated words stamped in the stripes! So do you still have a toothache? I hope not!! I'm so happy that Jackson spoke up about being scared so you could relieve him of his worries! Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE, LOVE your sentiment stamped in the stripes & cool splatter Kelly.
    LOVE your Transformers story too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the bakground behind the cute little fox!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet sweet card...love that fox! Okay, chuckling at the story, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant interpretation, look how those enamel dots are the exact same color as your splotches, which I love, stamping repeatedly, brilliant, its all those touches that do it:):) have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! Loving how you did the sentiment in the strips of color too! Love the story!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, love this--especially the "faux" washi tape!
    And thanks for sharing a cute story, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card, love the way you stamped your sentiment, and the bonus from this post (your son's story)keeps me smiling, so sweet.TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so adorable... Love how you masked and did the sentiment. Fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this card Kelly!! The soft sponged strips are perfect with the gentle overstamping of the words, and that fox is so cute!! BTW the Transformers story? So funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love, love, love this Kelly!! He is so sweet, the placement of everything is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, Kelly. I love that cute little fox and how you incorporated the stripes from the sketch. Fantastic job! Great story about the power going out. Too cute. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Darling card Kelly!
    My word, talk about perfect timing! WHEW~

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the card and the nice technique of masking...it looks like washi! Your story is SO cute! My little guy would have thought the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This little fox card is adorable Kelly! Too cute … what Jackson said. We have a Jackson too he is 7 .

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly