Friday, May 10, 2013

Fusion Challenge #6

(this is my second post of the day, for the Paper Crafts Blog Hop, click here or scroll down)

For the fourth Fusion Challenge in a row, we had a winner who was inspired by a fusion of the sketch and the photo. Not completely a surprise, since a very large majority of the gallery used both the sketch and photo as well. What will it be this week?!


My card, as always, is based on the sketch. A banner woven through something. What should the something be? I've got a piece of quatrefoil on my desk from the Paper Crafts Blog Hop. Let's use that!


 Weaving the banner behind the rounded quatrefoils highlight cloud shapes that I fill with silver foil. Going with the cloud theme, I dig out the Papertrey Hello Sunshine set to fill the banner. The sun peeks from behind the silver "clouds." Some sequined sun spots are added for good measure : ) 

Hope to see you in the gallery!

-Kelly


16 comments:

  1. So cool! Love how the banner is woven through the quatrefoil, the silver pieces, the gold embossing and sequins, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this banner card Kelly! I think you could enter this one in the Papertrey Ink MIM challenge. Off to see the cards I missed. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card, Kelly. I love the foil and the gold and the little sequins. Love what you do with the Quatrefoil die!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yet another stunning card with quatrefoil...my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the Quatrefoil queen Kelly!! Beautiful card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cool!! love the banner behind the quatrefoil!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, COOL card Kelly! So clever how you wove the banner through the quatrefoil die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB card Kelly - LOVE the silver & gold highlights against the black quatrefoil :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is that die again. fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just awesome. Another addition to your fabulous quatrefoil gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning, Kelly ... love the woven in banner and the glisteny fill-ins in the quatrefoil ... and of course those gorgeous sequins! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely work, as always...so many fabbie details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card!
    Combining gold and silver is not always easy but you have managed to make it look so cutting edge!
    I love it!!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! The quatrefoil again! I love your card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, and I love the colors here!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly