Friday, August 4, 2017

CFS Release - Puffy Heart Love


Hi Folks! It's official, I puffy heart love the new set from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps called ... Puffy Heart Love! What's not to love about this beautifully scripted font that incorporates a heart? It's the kind of stamp that can absolutely carry a card all on its own, without any other embellishments. For this card I stamped the sentiment directly to the black card base, and then again on the pink patterned paper. I cut inside the lines of the pink heart and adhered it on top of the black base.


The sentiment on this card is similarly embossed in white, and then I blended a rainbow of inks on the card base. After I was done I wasn't thrilled with how the heart blended in with the rest of the sentiment, so I made a mask by stamping the sentiment on a scrap piece of paper, cutting out the inside of the heart, and using it as a stencil to blend blue ink inside the heart. 


After I was done, I just couldn't throw the stencil scrap away, so it got turned into a card! It's the bottom left card. Since I only intended to use it for a stencil, the black ink does not have a solid impression, but I thought it had a nice shabby chic look to it. The ink from the stenciling makes a nice spotlight on the heart. And since the inside of the heart was missing, I was able to easily see what patterned paper looked good by holding the stencil over a bunch of different patterns.

There are several other cute sentiments in this set, but I couldn't stop using the puffy heart one.

 Check out the rest of the Ink Squad to see more awesome projects with these stamps. All the stamps you see this week will be released TODAY! And don't forget, the code KELLY2017 works on everything, including retiring items, sale items, and even these new release items.

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, what a CUTE sentiment! Your cards are darling Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Kelly....love all three.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly